Independent Depression

I'm rather new to this blog thing. One thing I did not realize is that all new stuff shows up on top. So if I'm trying to write things in order you may not get to read them that way. My apologies. I had no idea I had so many things to say.

27 April 2006

Ambushed by Emotion


Last night I had another one of those nightmares.  I had driven to an old friend’s house (Randy) and went inside for some vague dream-reason.  Whilst in there, some terrible catastrophe happened to my car, and it was half flattened – trapping my daughter inside and nearly crushing her as well.  Randy came running out and started to pry the car apart while I was frantically dialing 911 on my cell phone and at the same time screaming at the rubbernecking bystanders to do the same.  But every time I went to dial the phone, it would not work.  Once I got 911 but it turned out to be some lounge lizard in California.  I could NOT remember the number to the sheriff department.  I could NOT get through to any emergency personnel.  Sometimes I would dial the right numerical sequence but nothing would happen anyway.  This is a repetitive theme and I can’t stand it.  I have a version of this dream quite often.  Sometimes I can’t push the buttons in the right sequence.  Sometimes the numbers are jumbled around or just plain not there.  Sometimes the buttons morph into Play Station buttons, which I cannot for the life of me figure out even when awake and fueled by caffeine.

I wake up when my daughter, too, has a nightmare.  I bring her back into my bed, hugging and kissing her until I am calm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home