Independent Depression

I'm rather new to this blog thing. One thing I did not realize is that all new stuff shows up on top. So if I'm trying to write things in order you may not get to read them that way. My apologies. I had no idea I had so many things to say.

01 April 2009

Michela's first recorded instance of sarcasm


So, I was getting dressed this morning.  Kiddo lounged in bed having cookies and milk for breakfast.  (yeah, I'm a bad mom but I do draw the line at having Fruity Pebbles in my blankets - they itch!)

I haven't done laundry in a while - I can't tell you how long, not because I won't but because I don't remember.  I reached in the unmentionables drawer and all that remained was a purple bra, so I put it on.  I had laid out my clothes on the bed - forest green shirt, dark brown pants.  Michela looked at me with a rather supercilious look.  In a forbidding tone of voice, as if she were the mother and I a wayward teenager, she said, "You gonna wear THAT with your boobies today?"

This coming from someone who, yesterday, wore a yellow shirt, purple velvet stretch pants and bright orange frilly socks.

I love this kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home