Independent Depression

I'm rather new to this blog thing. One thing I did not realize is that all new stuff shows up on top. So if I'm trying to write things in order you may not get to read them that way. My apologies. I had no idea I had so many things to say.

06 November 2009

Why do I feel so dull and boring lately?

Everyone is blogging, texting and sending photos these days. Everyone but me, that is. No home internet, no wireless internet, no home *phone, heck no TELEVISION even. Everything I need can be accomplished with my Nextel or the Playstation DVD thingy. 10 years ago I would not even dream of being bound to earth with a wireless electronic device, now I can't imagine being without it.

Not the least reason being, the One and Only Grand Miss PooBah, Michela "I Farted!" Buxton. I'm surely not only over-protective, anxious, former-horse-magazine-reading now-reading-only-child-rearing-zines girly-shoe-geeking mother in America, but some days I feel alone on the planet.

Is it because I'm struggling with being a single mom, having my life change drastically from a self-centered, nearsighted horse-crazed introvert to being a pop-tart-fetching slave to a 6-year-old eye-rolling tyrant in the guise of the world's most beautiful little girl?

Or is it because I read my friend's blogs and wonder at the amusing antics they are still capable of? Or maybe because even so many of my friends are so "plugged" into the wireless world that I feel left behind? Ipod? Iphone? Ispy?

Well, never one to resist a challenge, I'm going to (try to) continue the blog scene and at least keep dithering with Facebook. So, the next obvious step would be to post some witty excerpts of my daughter's last farting episode. Hah. Why be conformist? Maybe next time, when I can shake some of this noxious self-pity. I despise self-pity. I also despise paying taxes, so go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home