Independent Depression

I'm rather new to this blog thing. One thing I did not realize is that all new stuff shows up on top. So if I'm trying to write things in order you may not get to read them that way. My apologies. I had no idea I had so many things to say.

12 January 2010

Shot Down in Flames


 A couple weeks ago we tried having Michela take her lunch to school because she talks so dang much that she doesn't eat and often ends up in the lunch supervisor's office because she distracts the other kids.  So I thought that by us making her lunch she will have some ownership in it and want to eat it, right?

Anyway the first day I put a cute little note in her lunch box.  It said "Dear Michela, I love you!  You are Awesome!  Love Mommy".  But had I tucked the note into a mesh pouch along with her spoon, which she must not have found.  So later that night I asked her if she found something special in her lunchbox.  Of course she hadn't and got all excited thinking it might have been candy.  

I found the note and told her I had put it in there.  She turned away to read it and looked back at me with shining eyes.  (Here I am all prepared for a *super *sappy Lovey Dovey moment with my kid....)  She says to me, "Aww Mommy!  You're so sweet!"  (this is where I'm waiting for "I love you too")  

Says Michela:  "Yeah, I AM awesome".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home